Wednesday, October 3, 2012

CanDid Art

At Treasured Trinket we have a real passion for connecting independent designers with an inspired public and to further that mission we're presenting the first in our series of designer profiles. What's better than putting a face with a pair of earrings!  

First Up, CanDid Art!

Owner/Creator Candice Cox

Why did you start CanDid Art? I wanted to have my own business, I love being creative and I was tired of corporate America.

When did you start CanDid Art? In March of 2011



What has been your greatest challenge with CanDid Art? Getting the proper help and having enough capital to take your business to another level

What has been your greatest triumph with CanDid Art? My biggest triumph is the fact that I have been able to sustain my business for a year and a half in NY without having a full time job. 




What are some of your design inspirations? Life, Africa, Black women

What do hope is in the future for CanDid Art? I hope that CanDid Art will be a worldwide brand in over a 100 high end boutiques around the world and in major department stores in the US. I also hope to come out with a mens and little girls  line in 2013.




What advice would you give anyone wanting to start their own jewelry company? Make sure you have enough start-up capital to have a successusful start-up and starting recruiting staff and interns early. Also, dont let anyone tell you that you cant do it....because a dream can always become a reality if you step out on faith and push yourself.






Check out CanDid Art at Treasured Trinket

3 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous write up! Thanks Treasured Trinket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice for Entrepreneurs and Fabulous Work!

    ReplyDelete