Friday, January 18, 2013

Shiona Turini

"Born and raised in Bermuda, the Hampton University grad has been a style connoisseur since her days of bucking the dress code at her über conservative high school (she insisted on wearing cuffed high-waisted wide legged pants instead of the required skirts). Now a the helm of the accessories department at Teen Vogue, she gives readers the chance to ogle everything from Prada to Payless in her vibrant spreads"





"Though Shiona always had a flair for style, she didn't pursue fashion as a career until after college. She says, 'I graduated with absolutely NO fashion experience - not one internship. So, when I [finished my studies] and moved to New York, I interned at Yves Saint Laurent in the PR Department. I was there for almost a year as a full time intern but freelanced often at KCD (during the shows and when publicists would travel to Europe). Finally, a position open up and I was hired at Yves Saint Laurent as the PR Assistant.'" (source)



Love her. She gives some tips on breaking into the fashion industry here




No comments:

Post a Comment