Thursday, September 29, 2011

Personal

I promise to keep the personal posts to a minimum, but I want anyone looking for a little motivation to get themselves physically fit to find it. I have never been a fan of working out. You work and work and work, and it can take sooooo long to see results. Frustration level high I know. But people, it can be done! And it can be fun! I started hitting the gym early this year and if I can do it so can you! I've done step classes, Zumba classes, hot yoga, cardio kickboxing and Pilates. Once I got over the initial "I don't want to be here" feelings I really enjoyed it and looked forward to all of it. (With the exception of hot yoga. Kills your hair and it's really just too damn hot!)


But most recently I attacked the beast that I really thought I would never attempt, outdoor running. I am not a runner. Period. But with the right support group and a little determination I did it. And I wasn't that bad! (all that aerobics came in handy!) I've been out 3 times now and although I don't love it, I don't entirely hate it either. Today I completed 5 miles in 1 hour, and from what I've been told that's pretty good for a beginner. I'm super proud and a little excited to see how much more I can push myself. If you live in a city with a Niketown store check to see if they have a run club. Everyone is super friendly and encouraging. And believe me when I say, if I can do it you can too!

My support and I after my first day out. Did 3.5 miles that day.



Now zip on over to the shop and get yourself something pretty to wear after your workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment