Monday, September 23, 2013

Tar-jay

Philip Lim for Target was the first time I committed to myself to participate in a collaboration collection.  The hype usually turns me off but I thought "let's give it a go" for the experience of it all. With the help of my coworkers I was able to fully express my slightly obsessive tendencies. Look-book images were poured over several times while discussing outfits and possible quality issues. Links to Racked.com articles were sent via Gchat,  strategies were discussed, shopping lists made, the whole nine!  

Although I did most of my shopping online when the collection went live at 4am (cause I'm a night owl like that) I did still go into the store at 8am.


Here's the line I encountered. Not too bad but the racks were demolished once we made it inside! Most of the shopper were really nice though. There was a lot of trading and passing stuff off to other shoppers once people had a chance to really evaluate what they wanted. I did end up getting a smaller size in a skirt I ordered online. 

Gap jacket and jeans, Brooks Brothers top, JCrew shoes

Comfort was the name of the dressing game for me that morning. I was working on little sleep but it was a fun experience. 





This was my "I'm a kids model from the 90's" pose. #Cutie I like the peplum on this top, it's a whimsical version of a classic button up. 





I'll be showing off my purchases in later posts. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment